10th Anniversary Celebration Gala Weekend
20/21 May 2023 10am to 5.30pm
A truly spectacular weekend for enthusiasts, families and everyone who loves railways and steam!
Advance booking only – £4 for children, £8 adults, (under 3s free) Children’s activity pack available at £3 on arrival.
The star of our Gala Weekend is the *Thomas Wicksteed locomotive that opened the railway 10 years ago! Gain access to all steam and diesel displays, as well as an exhibition of nine model railways and much more.
Our Gala event is going to be extremely popular as Kempton Steam Museum next door to the railway, will also be holding their Weekend of Power Water, Steam and Oil, so book your advance booking only Gala Railway tickets now. (No joint ticket available and entry tickets for the museum must be booked separately. Visit Kempton Steam Museum
*Courtesy of London Museum of Water and Steam
Activities and events include:
- Chance for families to meet Thomas Wicksteed the green steam engine with its friends Darent and Spelthorne
- Ride as much as you like! Trains running regularly on our main 2-foot track
- Visit our shunting yard and see all our heritage industrial diesel locomotives and rolling stock on display
- As a grand finale, ride behind our first double headed steam train
- Showcasing of nine model railway layouts in our carriage shed
- Homemade cakes and refreshments available
Sorry but no dogs allowed (except guide dogs) and we kindly ask visitors to obey all instructions from our stewards.