A truly spectacular day out for enthusiasts, families and everyone who loves railways and steam!
Saturday 11 June 10am to 5.30pm
Advance booking only
A staggered entry day ticket price is £8 for adults, £4 for children 3 to 15, under 3s free which includes unlimited rides (except miniature railway) access to all steam and diesel displays, model railway exhibition and much more. This event is going to be very popular so book now. Free parking, picnic and play area.
It’s our opportunity to show off our beautiful heritage 1903 locomotive, diesels, and other rolling stock, and much more, and for you to get up close to watch our railway in action. We will also be operating a miniature sit-on railway at a small charge and there’s also a great exhibition of model railway layouts in our brand-new carriage shed.
Activities and events include:
- Trains run every 15 minutes on the main 2-foot track
- Locos running: ‘Darent’ (steam) and ‘Hunslet’ and Planet’ (diesels)
- Ruston diesel and Read coach on display
- Morning only double headed diesel running and afternoon steam running
- Showcasing seven model railway layouts in our brand-new carriage shed
- Live miniature steam display
- Extended woodland walk
- Guided tours of shunting area and carriage shed
- Miniature sit-on railway (at extra charge)
- Refreshments available on our picnic field
Sorry but no dogs allowed (except guide dogs) and we kindly ask visitors to obey all instructions from our stewards.