Be a Volunteer! Recruitment Day
Next recruitment day to be announced
Be part of running our local community heritage railway.
There are all kinds of volunteering roles to choose from that includes train operations and maintenance, to customer facing and admin roles – you don’t need experience, but you do need to be over 18.
Interestingly, we are one of only a few heritage railways that are at the beginning of an exciting restoration project so you can be involved from the start!
Come along and have an informal chat to find out more …
To make the most of your visit, it’s important that you arrive promptly at your selected time. There’s free parking and one of our friendly volunteers will welcome you and guide you around the site (stout footwear recommended) and have general chat about you, and your interest in volunteering. We’ll also give you a hot drink and snack! But please bear in mind that this event is not suitable for children, friends, or families.
**Gain new skills **Make new friends **help with a wide range of activities
Volunteering roles on offer
- Station staff – ticket office, station master, refreshments
- Train operations – Drivers, Fireman/Woman, Guard
- Special events – including building of props, scenery and even a chance to perform!
- Commercial and admin duties/fundraising/marketing
- Engineering – including track and rolling stock maintenance
- Gardening and conservation